5 HAIR FACTS
5 hair facts
-Do you ever see a lot of hair in the drain after showering? That’s normal–we shed between 40 and 150 strands of hair a day.
-Cutting your hair does not affect its growth, but it does help to avoid split ends, which can work their way up the hair shaft and make the individual shafts thinner, giving your hair the appearance of not growing.
-How much hair do we have on our scalps? More than you’d think. The average person has 100,000 - 150,000 strands of hair on her head (so don’t worry too much about the 40 - 150 you lost today).
-When a hair falls out, it will usually re-grow. It can do this up to 20 times in a lifetime.
-Our hair is constantly growing and has a lifespan of around 5 years. 90% of our hair is growing at any given time, while the other 10% is taking a break.